We invite children (1st through 5th graders) to spend school vacations here at the Farm! Campers spend their days learning, exploring, and having fun.
Columbus Day Camp: Monday, October 14th, 2013
Time: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Members: $50 ~ Nonmembers: $60
Ages: Grades 1-5
Columbus Day Camp allows children in grades 1-5 an opportunity to eat from the gardens, help to care for our animals and play in the forest. The day starts with chores in the animal barn and includes choice activity times during the days so that all campers get to shape their own experience. Campers attending Columbus Day Camp will have the opportunity to work with our pigs, chickens, turkey, rabbits sheep and goats and will also have the opportunity to cook from the garden (wood fired pumpkin pizza!), and play forest games!
Morning Care (additional $10) runs from 7:30 - 8:30 AM
After Care (additional $15) runs 4:00-5:30 PM
Click here to register now for Columbus Day Camp!
PAST VACATION CAMPS:
April Vacation Camp: April 15-19, 2013 (Choose two or more days)
Members: $50/day or $210/wk ~ Nonmembers: $60/day or $260/wk
Please Note: As of 4/1 April Vacation Camp is full. If you are interested in other days, please email
and we will add you to the waitlist in case additional space opens up. Thank you!!!
Our April Vacation Camp gives children an opportunity to have fun, play and learn at the farm during an exciting time of year when the farm is beginning to wake up from winter. Campers an opportunity to choose activities that match their interests.
Some of these activities will include:
- Rolling our sleeves up and conducting science experiments
- Making mini-greenhouses to take home and start our own seeds
- Learning to dye, spin and felt wool
- Learning animal showmanship skills by working with our lambs
- Exploring the creeks for emerging reptiles and amphibians
- Playing games in the forest while we observe the changes brought on by spring
- Making new friends
Winter Vacation Camp: February 18th & 19th, 2013 (Choose one or two days)
Members: $50/day ~ Nonmembers: $60/day
February Break Camp at Wolfe's Neck Farm is offered as an opportunity for campers to explore and experience the farm in winter. We'll use the propane-heated Haze Hut as a warm "home base" for our outdoor explorations.
Some of these activities will include:
- Tracking animals in the snow to learn about their winter diets and how they thrive in Maine winters
- Spending the morning in the barn, learning from our farmers about the special care our barn animals need to stay healthy in winter months.
- Learning about the changes animal mothers go through before they have their lambs and kids in the spring.
- Other Winter Camp activities will include winter wilderness survival, building mini-greenhouses, and much more.
Winter Camp will use the propane-heated Haze Hut as a warm base for the camp day and will be served hot chocolate and tomato soup, but are expected to bring a hearty lunch and snacks. Campers should also be prepared with many layers of winter clothing as we will safely venture outside to explore and make discoveries. Good winter boots, gloves or mittens, and a warm winter hat are mandatory. If you have any questions regarding Winter Camp please contact Eric Tadlock 865-4469 x106 or
A Note about Extended Care
We do offer Extended Care for parents whose work schedule won't allow for the 8:15-8:30am drop off and/or 4pm pick up. Before Care runs from 7:30-8:30am and costs $20 for the week or $4/day. After Care is from 4-5:30pm and costs $30 for the week or $6/day.
Worried about the weather?
Wolfe’s Neck Farm’s Haze Hut is heated and warms to a comfortable temperature even on the coldest days. We use the Haze Hut as a base for the day and return often to keep safe and warm.
Sign up for Vacation Camps
Please register online. We look forward to your joining us at Vacation Camp!
Contact us by emailing
or calling (207) 865-4469, ext. 106, to ask questions about April Vacation Camp.