Each morning we’ll help our farmers with chores in the barn. The rest of the day we’ll focus on an animal in our barn and explore winter adaptations.
On Tuesday, we’ll interact with our dairy cows, Wednesday we’ll watch and learn as our veterinarian performs ultrasounds on our pregnant ewes, and on Thursday we’ll focus on our chickens! Additional activities will depend on the weather and what is happening on the farm, and could include:
- Helping keep our livestock healthy and happy in the winter
- Searching for signs of winter activity in the forest
- Delving into amazing cold weather adaptations, like hibernation
- Building bluebird boxes to support beneficial migrators
February Vacation Camp Dates: February 16-18, 2016 (Choose one to three days)
Times: 8:30am – 4:00pm
After Care: Pick-up by 5:30pm – $40/week*
Ages: Children in grades 3-5
Rates: $70/day or $178.50/week (15% off if you sign up for all three days!). Members receive an additional 5% discount.
Register: Click here to register online
*A minimum of 3 children must be registered in order to run the after care program. As our staff work long days and have to prepare for the next day, a fee of $1 per minute beyond 5:30pm will be applied to a child’s registration if a parent is late to pick up.
Important information about February Vacation Camp:
While we base our explorations out of the Haze Hut, we spend most of our time outside and in our unheated barn. In order to ensure our campers’ happiness and safety, campers are required to have the following items with them every day of vacation camp:
- A hearty lunch
- Plenty of healthy and warming snacks
- Water bottle
- Waterproof winter jacket (The current weather report calls for wet weather on Tuesday, so this is essential!)
- Snow pants
- Warm socks (preferably 2 pairs)
- Winter boots
- Winter hat
- Waterproof gloves or mittens (preferably 2 pairs)
- Sunglasses (for snow glare)
- A sled
Weather Cancellation Policy: February Vacation Camp will be cancelled if the National Weather Service issues a Winter Storm Warning for Cumberland County that will be in effect during camp hours. Families will notified via phone and email the night before and refunds will be issued for that day of camp.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER CAMPS: