Each of our Farm-to-Table events is unique, as we partner with a different chef to feature local foods at the peak of their season, harvested here and at other area farms. What they all have in common is that you can expect a beautiful farm setting, live music, great company, great food, and beverages by Maine Beer Co. and New England Distilling while benefiting our nonprofit farm.
“Harvest Dinner” with UNION
Sunday, October 16th, 2016 – 5 to 8 PM
Come celebrate the harvest season at the Mallet Barn with friends and the Wolfe’s Neck Farm community. UNION’s Executive Chef, Josh Berry, will prepare a delicious dinner using the freshest ingredients from the farm at a seated, family-style event. Live music and great local drinks included.
Tickets: $75 per person, This event is now SOLD OUT. Please click here to join the waitlist.
“Pig Roast” with Miyake
Sunday, September 11th, 2016 – 5 to 8 PM
Join Masa Miyake for an authentic pig roast under autumn skies at the Mallet Barn, accompanied by other seasonal dishes and local drinks and dessert.
Tickets: $75 per person (Age 21+ event)
“Family Farm Celebration” with Fire and Co.
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 – 5 to 8 PM
Join us for a special Farm-to-Table event, a “Family Farm Celebration” at our Historic Mallet Barn! The whole family will enjoy delicious local foods cooked on-site in Fire and Company’s brick oven, custom-built into an antique truck:
- A selection of pizzas using fresh vegetables, local cheeses and pasture raised meats
- Spitfire roasted Wolfe’s Neck Farm chicken and local pork
- Wood-grilled beets, zucchini, squash, broccoli and red onions
- Grilled romaine salad with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes and bacon
- Green salad with cucumbers, carrots, snap peas and pickled onions
- For dessert – Peanut butter cup s’mores and ice cream sundaes
- Beverages – Craft brews from Maine Beer Company and spirits from New England Distilling (21+) and a selection of nonalcoholic beverages
This family-friendly event will feature fun activities for the kids including:
- A “Prepare Your Own Pizza Topping” station
- A haybale climb
- Art activities & more!
Everyone will enjoy the spectacular views, live music by Fiddlocity2, and good company!
Tickets: $50/adults; $20/children 4 and up. Ages 3 and under are free. Includes all food, drinks and activities.
“Tasting Event” with Gather Farm Fresh Eatery and Frontier Cafe
Sunday, June 19th, 2016 – 5 to 8 PM
Enjoy the freshest flavors of the season expertly prepared by the chefs at Frontier and Gather at a variety of tasting stations. This moving event allows for great conversation and community building at the Mallet Barn, and will be accompanied by dessert, great local drinks and live music.
2016 Farm-to-Table Host Committee
Join the Farm to Table host committee! Be a key supporter of this exciting series and enjoy host committee benefits. All host committee members will be listed on printed and online publications and on Farm to Table event signage. Members of the host committee will also have first access to purchase tickets to all of the events, starting on April 4th. (Maximum of 2 tickets per event per host committee member.)
- 24-Carrot – Includes invitation to Launch Party and End of Season Celebration, and one ticket to three dinners (transferrable). $750 per person
- 18-Carrot – Includes invitation to Launch Party and End of Season Celebration and early access to tickets. $300 per person
- 14-Carrot – Includes access to early reservation period for three public events. $200 per person
The series will be formally launched at an event on May 22nd at a supporter’s home in South Freeport. This event will be invitation-only to the first 50 individuals to sign up for the Host Committee. This Launch Party will be held at the Freeport home of a wonderful farm supporter. Enjoy delicious hors d’oeuvres and drinks, connect with other supporters, and get farm updates and news about the coming season.
You can sign up to be a host today by clicking on this link:
We hope that you will support the important work of the Teen Ag program as a member of the Farm-to-Table host committee, and we look forward to seeing you at the Mallet Barn this summer!
Here are some photos from last year’s Farm-to-Table Events: