Wolfe’s Neck Farm is thrilled to partner with Miyake Farm and Restaurants. We are raising animals together, sharing ideas, forming a collective vision and hosting amazing events to share all of these things with you. All of this work is intended to help strengthen the local food system and inspire others to do the same.
Here are the Highlights of our Budding Partnership:
- We are raising nine American Guinea Hogs at Wolfe’s Neck Farm in partnership with Miyake Farm.
- American Guinea Hogs are a rare, heritage breed pig known for their intellect, good nature and rich, delicious-tasting meat.
- In the coming months and years, these Guinea Hogs will help us turn soil in some of our most depleted pastures, thus enabling us to bring these pastures back in to production.
- We are hosting memorable, farm-to-table dinners that highlight the food we are raising and growing, all prepared by Chef Masa Miyake and his usual and well-known flair and creativity.
- The first such event was held on Oct 20th, 2013 in our 1800’s barn (click here for more photos). It sold out in a matter of days.
- Stay tuned for a schedule of events currently being planned for 2014. Click here if you’d like to be added to our mailing list for more information on our farm dinners.
Miyake Partnership Press, Blog and More:
- Portland Press Herald – Wolfe’s Neck Farm Forms Partnership with Miyake Restaurants
- The Forecaster – Miyake’s way: From Freeport pig farm to plates in Portland
- Dine Miyake Blog (by Masa Miyake) – An Evening with Miyake and Wolfe’s Neck Farm