Wolfe’s Neck Farm’s Organic Dairy Farmer Training Program is a paid experiential 2-year residential apprenticeship program for new and transitioning commercial organic dairy farmers. This first-of-its kind program allows apprentices to go from experienced-to-expert in all aspects of organic dairy cow operations and management.
Our goal is to prepare each apprentice to become an independent operator at the conclusion of their two-year training. The program will provide a high degree of support from experts who specialize in all aspects of dairy operations and business management. Apprentices will be provided with full support in training, business planning, securing financing, locating land, and even into the first few years of production.
Qualified Applicants Will:
- Have a strong desire and commitment to own, operate, and/or manage an organic dairy farm after the training
Preference Will be Given to Applicants Who:
- Have farming experience
- Have secured a High School degree or equivalent
- Are willing to reside in shared housing on the farm with other trainees in the program
- Have a desire to launch a commercial Organic Dairy operation in Maine or New England upon completion on the program
To Apply Please:
- Complete this online application via the DGA website. Be sure to select Maine as your Preferred Area of Placement.
- Questions about the program should be directed to Program Director, Sarah Littlefield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More Information About the Program: