Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Wolfe’s Neck Farm! Without the help of volunteers like you, the farm would not be what it is today.
With the growing season winding down for 2016, our volunteer opportunities are limited. However, our volunteer opportunities will likely grow once again in the spring. If you or your group or organization are looking to volunteer at the farm, please complete our online volunteer interest form. Please note that while we accept interest forms year-round, we often don’t reach out directly to potential volunteers until close to a farm event or specific project.
What Can Volunteers Do For The Farm?
Volunteers assist with many facets of the farm’s operation. Some examples of tasks that volunteers often help with include:
- Distribution of flyers and other materials
- Flower garden care (planting, weeding, mulching, harvesting, etc.)
- Vegetable garden care (planting, weeding, mulching, harvesting, etc.)
- Trail maintenance
- Grounds work
We also host special events that provide opportunities for single-day volunteers. Some events that require volunteers include:
- Spring Plant Sale
- United Way Day of Caring (please register through United Way)
- Spring Campground Clean-Up
- Spring Festival
- Harvest Dance
- Fall Festival
- Farm to Farm Ultra Run
- Night Tree